Saturday, January 3, 2015

I'm talking about love.

Love=Fear. A simple and insidious little equation.

Fear of what? 

Speculation: of the otherness of the other.

Break it down for me.

The other has feelings; love makes me responsible for them. That responsibility scares me.

Speculation? 

Yes, I really have no idea, but it seems likely. I grow to hate the other.

Why? 

I don't know. Speculation: for not being able to calm my fears, for not taking care of me. I am the one who is taken care of. For expecting something from me.

Expecting what? 

To be loved, taken care of.

Why is that so bad? 

They do not understand the kind of human that I am. If they understood more clearly, hatred would be the only plausible reaction.

Sure? 

Of nothing, no, except fear, this only do I understand.

What is fear? 

A lack of control, a reaction to danger, a lack of control=danger.

Another equation. Very good. No single human has more control than you, not in the grand spectrum of things. 

Yes, but they control themselves.

Not true, they are simply not as afraid of losing control as you, which is not to say they are not afraid. Every human being, every animal knows fear very well. 

Every human?

It's a safe bet. We have the same brain. 

Yes, but with different functions accentuated. Mine accentuates the negative, the fearful, the doom laden.

Yes, I get it. So stop being afraid. 

You are not listening.

You are not making sense. 

Nothing makes sense exactly.

But it must. You cannot be afraid of losing control, not once you relinquish the illusion of control in the first place. 

I have no such illusion. 

You must, or you would not fear losing it. 

Touche, but we are getting nowhere.

Where is it you want to get to? 

Understanding, peace.

Look around you, what is there to fear. Do you control the amount of electricity flowing into the television? 

No, but I can plug it out.

What about the lamplight outside? Do you control that? 

I could break it if I wanted.

And the rain? 

No, I do not control that. You are being abstract. A human being's feelings are not trivial. You cannot damage the rain. You can damage a Human being.

You are not special. You do not have the power to ruin another's life, at least not in such a way. Everyone has such power, to hurt, but they are not afraid. 

They are selfish. They think only of their own feelings, if they are in love or not. They use the other essentially.

And what is it you do? 

Touche, but we are still getting nowhere. Let's leave it there.

As you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment